Search This Blog

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hoping for the best

ZULFIKAR, MASUMI, Raman Lamba and Shona Urvashi have one thing in common. All four of them made their debut with Chupke Se, the first three as actors and the last as the director.

A PLA Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. production, Chupke Se promises to be a feel-good romantic comedy revolving around the Timgires, the Aryas, the Kochchars and Qasim Khan Qayamat. Going by the track record of the production house, which made films like Jalwa, Hero Hiralal, Chashme Baddur and Khatta Meetha, hopes are high on this sweet love story.

"We are all hopeful and keeping our fingers crossed till September 12 when the movie is scheduled to hit the screen," says debutant director Shona Urvashi. "I took about a year to script the film, and more time to shoot it. And, the end product turned out quite well," she says.

"It was certainly difficult to script and direct the film. Plus, I was expecting my first child then. Though I'm not tired of writing, which is my hobby, the shooting part was a bit tedious. However, the excitement of filmmaking saw me through - despite those tiring and frustrating long hours," she says. "It is a clean film, without violence and vulgarity, targeted at everybody - a film which the entire family can sit together and watch,"she adds.

It is some kind of a family production with my sister and husband in the cast," reveals Shona. "We are planning another movie after this: a sequel to Jalwa titled Jalwe ka Jalwa.

But it is still in the planning stages. I've also written two other scripts. But, I'll be able to finalise which film to take up next perhaps only after the release of my debut film," says the director.

SHANTI NANISETTI

No comments: